Floris United Methodist Church is committed to building Christian community. One of the ways this is accomplished is by connecting with others who have similar interests or who are experiencing a similar season of life. Some of the community groups Floris offers include:
- Body & Soul is a weekly exercise class where routines are set to the latest upbeat, contemporary Christian music. The goal of Body & Soul is to focus on the health of both the physical (body) and spiritual (soul). Options are available for all fitness levels, beginner to advanced. Email the leader for more information.
- Co-ed and Mens Softball teams form each spring and play in the local Herndon/Reston area. Find out more and sign up.
- Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) is a community of mothers with children, from birth through Kindergarten. Meetings are held two Monday mornings each month, from September-May. Meetings consist of a continental breakfast and fellowship, followed by a speaker, discussion time, and crafts. The MOPPETS program provides a loving, fun morning for children, infant through age five years. MOPS is a nationally recognized progam, to learn more visit www.mops.org . To receive additional information about Floris MOPS, please email: email@example.com. Register here.
- Mom2Mom offers mothers of elementary age children the opportunity to meet 1-2 times a month, share a meal, get to know other moms, and the hear speakers on topics such as: parenting, marriage, organization, home, family, physical and emotional health. Register here.
- SPLASH (Single People Loving and Serving Him) is a group of singles age 40 – 60 who meet regularly for pot lucks, book clubs and game nights. Register here.