Everyone has their own starting point and pace with which they are comfortable especially when it comes to matters of faith. Floris United Methodist Church partners with you on your journey to encourage you and not to pressure you; to help you figure things out for yourself and not tell you what to think. Whether you are new to Christianity or returning to your faith we will meet you where you are.Some Possible First Steps:
We have reached the summer months and the majority of groups take a break from June through August. All groups start back up in September and we will have sign-ups the last week in August through the second week in September. Some options to look for will include:
- Bible Overview is a two session evening with our Senior Pastor to discuss just how the Bible became the book we have and brief history and theological introduction to the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Making Sense of the Bible is a six week course that investigates the Bible’s beginnings, the nature of Scripture, the Bible and science, and modern issues facing our church.
- Alpha is an eight week course that investigates questions about the existence of God and the purpose of life. If you feel you have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith, or have questions about God, this is a good place to start.
- Disciple is a 32 week course that covers 70% of the Bible. If you want learn about the stories that inform the Christian faith, Disciple is a great starting point.
- Coffee with the Pastors is a two hour session offered year around that covers Floris UMC and its vision. This is a great chance to meet new people and spend time with the pastors. If you want to better understand Floris UMC, start here.
Not sure where to start? Contact Bill Gray.