Floris UMC impacts the lives of women and children in Sierra Leone through Helping Children Worldwide (HCW). Helping Children Worldwide includes Mercy Hospital and the Child Rescue Centre, based in Bo, Sierra Leone, which have all operated in partnership with the Sierra Leone United Methodist Church since 2000.
In 2014, Floris UMC committed to a Women and Children's Health Initiative. Working with the United Methodist Committee on Relief, this initiative will allow Mercy Hospital to enhance community-based primary healthcare in Sierra Leone and expand the impact of the medical outreach clinics that the hospital has led in local villages for the past few years.
Other ways to get involved in Sierra Leone
- Attend An Evening in December, a benefit at Floris UMC sponsored by Helping Children Worldwide.
- Participate in the Feed A Child Program (Check out this video)
- Help plan and organize the Annual HCW Golf Tournament in September.
- Support Helping Children Worldwide by joining the African Programs Committee that focuses on education, medical, IT, finance and sustainable operations.
- Sponsor a child.
- Travel to Bo, Sierra Leone with a mission team.
For more information about helping HCW with its work in Africa, email email@example.com.