The application deadline has passed for school year 2019-2020.
Please look for information next summer.
If you submitted an application for the 2019-2020 school year, we will contact you soon for an interview time in July.
APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED.
The 4:10ers is an exciting Student Leadership and Volunteer Program where students (grades 7-12) can become leaders by growing, serving, and connecting with others at Floris UMC and in our local community. We are looking for middle and high school students who want to have fun, learn leadership skills, develop a heart for others, and be engaged in the life of our church.
Here's what current 4:10ers say about the program:
"The ability to form a connection with both the kids and the teachers is amazing." Tyler Aukema
"It was really fun and it was cool to learn about the kids and God. The adults really mentored me and helped me a lot with public speaking and teaching." Will Aukema
"My favorite parts are seeing the kids have a good time and it makes me feel good to be helping." Ryan Burke
"I really like interacting with the children and helping them deepen their relationships with God. I also enjoy serving the church because I feel that is an important thing to do." Bridget Dombro
"I love interacting with the kids. I was especially touched when one gave me a drawing. I like helping kids get along, and playing during free time. I have 2 siblings and being a 4:10er has given me the opportunity to be a good role model and big sister. I love every minute of helping them learn to love Christ as I do." Savannah Motz
Read the expectations below to see if the 4:10ers program is the place for you.
Eligibility: All students in grades 7-12 for school year 2019-2020
Expectations for 2019-2020
1. Attend the 4:10ers camp on August 25, 12:30-3:00 p.m.
2. Serve in a Kid Nation classroom on Sunday mornings according to a set schedule. You will be assigned to serve on either the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month or the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. You will be expected to serve your assigned schedule for the entire Kid Nation year (September 8-May 17).
3. Attend Floris UMC Student Ministries small group programs two times per month minimum. You may attend one or a combination of the following: 4:10ers Leadership class, Crossroads morning (Middle School Boys or Middle School Girls), Crossroads evening, Bright Life morning, or Bright Life evening.
4. Serve in Kid Nation Large Group on one special Sunday during the year. The dates will be announced in June and you may select the date of your choice.
5. Serve at two other Floris UMC events or activities during the year (one in the fall and one in the spring). Events may include Trunk-or-Treat, Celebrate the Season, Grace Ministries, Family events, Mic Night, etc. A list of events/activities will be available on the 4:10ers information board for you to select from.
6. Attend 4:10ers social events as your are able (Christmas Party, Spring Celebration, etc.). Social events are optional.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact Kelly Crespin at .