Life Groups vs. Small Groups
In 2019 we changed our small groups name to life groups. Our groups are about community and “doing life together”. We know that intentionality to inclusion, service as a group, celebration and social time together create the framework for exploring and learning from each other what it means to live as a Christian. Our Christian walk is meant to be done together! Jesus told us where two or more are gathered in his name, he is among them (Matthew 18:20).
There are many ways to choose curriculum. Below are a few ways to make your decision easier.
- Floris UMC has a great curriculum library, located in the third floor office area. The shelves are set up by topic, including Old Testament, New Testament, Christian Living and much more. Feel free to come in and browse the shelves or you can access the curriculum library from home. This site has the entire library along with accompanying resources and evaluations by previous users.
- Talk with other Life Group leaders and ask what they recommend. They are a great resource and can tell you what worked for their group and what did not.
- Contact Bill Gray, Director of Grow Ministries or Carol Edwards, Adult Ministries Coordinator here at Floris. We can make suggestions based on your group’s interests and level of study.
Group Life Leadership Administration
- Sign in to InFellowship to update your class information.
- Take attendance and keep your roster up-to-date. You will receive an email the day following your group meeting. It only take a couple minutes to submit your group attendance.
- Provide a review of your study so that others can benefit from your experience.