Floris UMC is an active participant in VOICE and encourages our congregation and other people across religious, racial, economic and political party affiliations to build a stronger Northern Virginia.
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
VOICE Core Values:
- Our faiths demand that we stand together as a people.
- We will use the power of our organization to put an end to any specific threats, intimidation or attempts to harm immigrants, Muslims, African Americans or anyone else.
- We know that Virginia and our Country are stronger when more, not fewer, people are engaged in the democratic process. VOICE believes in building relational power: power that is reciprocal, that is guided by our religious traditions and that allows more people to participate in public life.
- We believe in meeting face-to-face and developing the public relationships that are the glue of our society.
- We must reclaim politics as an honorable pursuit in which people working together have the power to change their communities and their country for the better.
Learn more about VOICE.