CrossRoads Thanksgiving Dinner
Sunday, November 18, 2018, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Register NowPlease register to help us get a head count. But don't worry if you're stumbling upon this event at a late date--you are still more than welcome!
CrossRoads is celebrating Thanksgiving in a special way!
Taught by older adults, CrossRoads students will host and cook a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner for their families.
WHO: Three parties:
1. CrossRoads students. Their role will be cooking dinner and enjoying their hard work in the company of their cooking mentors and families.
2. Older adults. Their role will be teaching students how to cook and enjoying the meal in the company of students and their families.
3. Families of CrossRoads studens. Their role will be to enjoy the meal their students have been taught to cook by older adults.
WHEN: There are multiple time components based on role:
- 6 p.m. Students and older adult cooking mentors arrive to cook in the Kitchen
- 7 p.m. Families of students arrive for dinner in the Fellowship Hall
- 7:15 p.m. Dinner begins
Looking forward to bringing generations together over a timeless meal in gratitude!
Thanksgiving Service Opportunity for Older Adults
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving recipe that you love to cook? CrossRoads wants to partner with you! Teach middle school students how to prepare your favorite Thanksgiving recipe; then enjoy a full Thanksgiving meal with CrossRoads students and their families. Contact Pepe Miller to sign up.