Reboot Combat Recovery
What is REBOOT?
REBOOT consists of a free 12-week Combat Trauma Healing Course in local communities that are Veteran-led and provide a unique blend of clinical insight and faith-based support. They meet for about two hours a week with meals and
Our DNA REBOOT uniquely addresses the needs of our population by enacting change in three key areas:
- COMMUNITY - REBOOT courses aren't a new drug or clinical intervention, but are rooted in the most
time-honoredmilitary tradition: brotherhood. Authentic community is the foundation of every location and participants connect with a room full of people who have walked through some of the valleys they are navigating.
- FAMILY - REBOOT educates and empowers families with tools to help them live beyond their symptoms and initiates restoration that carries on for generations to come. Veterans and family members learn skills that aid in their healing, as well as help, build community.
- SERVICE - Because of our direct impact on the Veteran community, REBOOT provides a natural avenue for graduates to help their fellow Veterans. We have developed a volunteer model that matches individuals with optimal service roles. There is a place for every motivated Veteran or family member to serve alongside REBOOT as the healing process continues.
REBOOT (Herndon, Virginia)
At REBOOT locations across the country, combat Veterans are
- Led by fellow combat Veterans - Our leaders have lived it, learned from it and want to help lift you out of it. Within our groups, every member is the same-no rank, no uniforms, no titles and total privacy.
- For the whole family - Spouses and families are encouraged to participate. The course is designed so that if participants would like to bring their family they can begin to reopen lines of communication and heal together.
- A course, not a support group - Though we do provide support, we are much more than just a "support group." You won't find any rambling or whining in our groups - only productive conversations.
- Faith-based but not preachy - We don't hide the fact that it's a faith-based course. However, no matter your beliefs, you'll learn proven and practical methods to heal from trauma.
For more details about the group contact Joshua Sitton or Justin Roberts at .
For more information about Reboot Combat Recovery, visit their website.