The 4:10ers is an exciting Student Leadership and Volunteer Program where students (grades 7-12) can become leaders by growing, serving, and connecting with others at Floris UMC and in our local community. We are looking for middle and high school students who want to have fun, learn leadership skills, develop a heart for others, and be engaged in the life of our church.
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are now being accepted.
Applications are due May 26, 2019.
We can’t wait to receive your application and have you join the 4:10ers program next year!
Eligibility: All students in grades 7-12 for school year 2019-2020
Expectations for 2019-2020
- Attend the 4:10ers camp on August 25, 12:30-3:00 p.m.
- Serve in a Kid Nation classroom on Sunday mornings according to a set schedule. You will be assigned to serve on either the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month or the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. You will be expected to serve your assigned schedule for the entire Kid Nation year (September 8-May 17).
- Attend Floris UMC Student Ministries small group programs two times per month minimum. You may attend one or a combination of the following: 4:10ers Leadership class, Crossroads morning (Middle School Boys or Middle School Girls), Crossroads evening, Bright Life morning, or Bright Life evening.
- Serve in Kid Nation Large Group on one special Sunday during the year. The dates will be announced in June and you may select the date of your choice.
- Serve at two other Floris UMC events or activities during the year (one in the fall and one in the spring). Events may include Trunk-or-Treat, Celebrate the Season, Grace Ministries, Family events, Mic Night, etc. A list of events/activities will be available on the 4:10ers information board for you to select from.
- Attend 4:10ers social events as your are able (Christmas Party, Spring Celebration, etc.). Social events are optional.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact Kelly Crespin at firstname.lastname@example.org.