Student Leadership and Volunteer Program
The 4:10ers is an exciting Student Leadership and Volunteer Program where students (grades 7-12) become leaders by growing, serving and connecting with others at Floris UMC and in our local community. The best candidates are middle and high school students who want to
- learn leadership skills
- develop a heart for others
- engage in the life of our church
- have fun
Students in grades 7-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
Expectations for 2023-2024
- Serve in a Kid Nation classroom on Sunday mornings according to the schedule. Serve on either the 1st and 3rd Sundays or 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. You will be expected to serve your assigned schedule for the entire Kid Nation year (August 20-June 9).
- Attend Floris UMC Student Ministries small group programs two times per month minimum. Attend one or more of the following: 4:10ers Leadership class, XRoads morning (Middle School Boys or Middle School Girls), XRoads evening, Bright Life morning or Bright Life evening.
- Serve in Kid Nation Large Group on one special Sunday during the year. We announce the dates in June and you may select the date of your choice.
- Serve at two other Floris UMC events or activities during the year (one in the fall and one in the spring). Events may include Trunk or Treat, Grace Ministries, Family Ministries, etc. Select from a list of events/activities available on the 4:10ers information board.
- Attend 4:10ers social events when you can (Christmas Party, Spring Celebration, etc.). Social events are optional.
For more information, contact Kelly Crespin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do 4:10ers say about the program?
“The ability to form a connection with both the kids and the teachers is amazing.” – Tyler Aukema
“It was really fun and it was cool to learn about the kids and God. The adults really mentored me and helped me a lot with public speaking and teaching.” – Will Aukema
“My favorite parts are seeing the kids have a good time and it makes me feel good to be helping.” – Ryan Burke
“I really like interacting with the children and helping them deepen their relationships with God. I also enjoy serving the church because I feel that is an important thing to do.” – Bridget Dombro
“I love interacting with the kids. I was especially touched when one gave me a drawing. I like helping kids get along, and playing during free time. I have 2 siblings and being a 4:10er has given me the opportunity to be a good role model and big sister. I love every minute of helping them learn to love Christ as I do.” – Savannah Motz