Use Your Talents
Floris UMC has many opportunities to showcase your musical talents! We have a vocal group for every age and skill level. All choirs welcome new members throughout the year. For more information, contact Yoon Nam at email@example.com
Music is the most beautiful language in which to praise and worship God. After a long silence, Floris UMC’s Traditional Music Ministry invites you to sing and play together again!
We have openings for new members in the Sanctuary Choir, Chamber Choir, Floris Wind and Brass Ensemble, Floris Strings, Children’s Choir (grades K-6) and the Handbell Choirs (from beginner to experienced ringers).
We are excited to welcome new members of all ages to our various vocal and instrumental groups! For more information, contact our Traditional Music Director, Yoon Nam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Joyful Noise: Our preschool age children practice their singing skills Sunday morning during Kid Nation using different musical games. This fun, energetic group participates in worship once a month during whatever worship service they attend. Their rehearsal time is a part of Sunday school at 9:15 and 11 a.m. services.
- Little Praisers/Chimers: The Little Praisers Children’s Choir is for kids in K-grade 2. Little Praisers/Chimers involves singing as well as learning to play handchimes–a lighter version of the adult handbells. Little Praisers/Chimers sings once a month, alternating between the 9:15 and 11 a.m. services. Sign Up Now
- Hallelujah Choir: This is a lively group of children in grades 3-6 who explore many different styles of music in their weekly meetings. The Hallelujah Choir sings with other musical groups throughout the year. No experience is needed. Sign Up Now
- Call 2 Harmony: C2H sings once a month during our 9:15 and 11 a.m. services and is comprised of high school and adult men. Their music ranges from gospel to hymns to praise music. Auditions are required. For more information, contact Yoon Nam at email@example.com
- Cantata Choir:If you can’t dedicate your time for the whole year, Cantata Choir might be the group for you. Adults and students grade 7 and older that want to be a part of the holiday services are invited to join the Cantata Choir, which begins rehearsals in October and continues through our Christmas Cantata in December, or from February until Easter Sunday. For more information, contact Yoon Nam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chamber Choir: An advanced group of adult singers that perform more difficult selections of music, ranging from renaissance motets to modern choral music. The Chamber Choir sings monthly at selected services. Auditions are required. For more information, contact Yoon Nam at email@example.com
- Sanctuary Choir: Our largest choir made up of adults and students (9-12 grade), the Sanctuary Choir sings weekly at our 11 a.m. service and at special events throughout the year. All abilities are welcome; no auditions required.
- Sunrise Singers: A small group of adult singers that lead worship every other Sunday morning at our 8 a.m. service. All abilities are welcome; no auditions required.
- Circle of Faith: Are you a woman who enjoys singing but can not commit to weekly choir rehearsals? Join Circle of Faith!
To learn more about any of our orchestras or to join, contact Yoon Nam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Floris Strings: A group of strings players of all ages who facilitate worship once a month and for special events. Players need at least two years of public school instruction or private lessons to join; no audition required.
- Floris Symphonic Orchestra: A group of adult and student instrumentalists with an intermediate to advanced level of musical ability. Our Symphonic Orchestra accompanies large combined choirs for holidays, concerts and other selected services throughout the year. This group only meets for Cantata and other event dress rehearsals; it does not have regular rehearsals.
- Floris Wind Ensemble: A group of student and adult players with more than two years experience that plays once a month at our 11 a.m. service. No audition required.
All of our handbell groups participate in Sunday worship and may attend off-site festival events as able. To learn more about any of our handbell groups or to join, contact Laura Shelton at email@example.com.
- Hosanna Ringers: Hosanna Ringers welcome children (grade 3) through adults who are just beginning to ring. Hosanna Ringers participate in worship services every four-six weeks at the 9:15 and 11 a.m. services. No musical experience is required. Rehearsals are on Sundays from 4:30-5:15 p.m. Come join the fun!
- Alleluia Ringers: Alleluia Ringers welcome children (grade 6) through adults who are at an intermediate level of ringing. Alleluia Ringers participate in worship services once a month at the 9:15 and 11 a.m. services. Some music reading experience is helpful. Rehearsals are on Sundays from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Laudate Ringers: Our advanced handbell group is made up of adults with experience ringing. They participate in worship once a month and on special occasions. Laudate Ringers travel to an out-of-town festival each spring and a local festival each fall. Musical experience is necessary for this group. Rehearsals are on Tuesday from 7-8:30 p.m.
The Hallelujah Children’s Choir is seeking replacement Choir Director. Each week, 10:20-11:10 a.m., you will help children to learn and grow in music.
If interested in either opportunity, contact Yoon Nam.
Full Circle Band
About Full Circle Band
Full Circle Band (FCB) leads worship at the 9:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. worship services, as well as provides music for concerts and special events throughout the year. Full Circle Band is comprised of students and adults who wish to worship God by experiencing music ranging from praise and worship hits to original music written by the group; from the cutting edge of Christian music to secular music that speaks to the Christian life.
How to Join
Individual auditions happen throughout the year. For specifics about the time requirements, desired skills and audition information, contact Megan Dietrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
The range of musical experience varies greatly among the members of FCB, but due to the group’s limited rehearsal opportunities, a modicum of proficiency is required.
If so, this is the choir for you!