Floris United Methodist Church is committed to building Christian community. One of the ways this is accomplished is by connecting with others who have similar interests or who are experiencing a similar season of life. Some of the community groups Floris offers include:
- Body & Soul is a weekly exercise class where routines are set to the latest upbeat, contemporary Christian music. The goal of Body & Soul is to focus on the health of both the physical (body) and spiritual (soul). Options are available for all fitness levels, beginner to advanced.
- Co-ed and Mens Softball teams form each spring and play in the local Herndon/Reston area.
- Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) offers mothers of preschool age children a weekly opportunity to connect and catch up, a continental breakfast, followed by a speaker or video, discussion time, and crafts. The MOPPETS program provides a loving, fun morning for children, infant through age five years. MOPS is a nationally recognized progam, to learn more visit www.mops.org. To receive additional information about MOPS at Floris email: email@example.com. Register here.
- Mom2Mom offers mothers of elementary age children the opportunity to meet 1-2 times a month, share a meal, get to know other moms, and the hear speakers on topics such as: parenting, marriage, organization, home, family, physical and emotional health. Register here.
- SPLASH (Single People Loving and Serving Him) is a group of singles age 40 – 60 who meet regularly for pot lucks, book clubs and game nights. Register here.