Please register online for child care each time you plan to attend our small groups, ministry programs or other events at the Floris UMC campus. Register at least 48 hours prior to your activity. Registration for child care during worship services is not required.
Our child care ministry is designed to partner with parents to meet the developmental and spiritual needs of our children while providing a safe and playful environment. We have two areas located on the second floor that are designed to provide age-appropriate care and support for children ages three months-grade 5.
- The Nursery provides attentive care for infants and toddlers (ages three months-two years).
- Kids Crossing provides care for older children with toys, games and activities that preschool and elementary children will enjoy (ages three years-grade 5). Activities are carefully planned to meet the needs of the age level of the children in our care.
We are delighted to provide care for your children while you attend worship services. Children (preschool-grade 5) should attend our Kid Nation Sunday morning program during the 9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. worship services.
As a convenience for parents, we also offer child care during most small groups, classes or other ministry programs and events at the Floris UMC campus. However, we ask that you register for your child care needs at least 48 hours prior to the date of your activity. This helps us provide a safe environment with adequate child care workers and be good stewards of our church resources. For more information, contact Wendy Hilbert, Child Care Supervisor, or call 703-793-0026 x118.
Our child care staff are paid personnel who have been screened and trained in our safety policies and procedures, as well as first aid and CPR. Please contact our Child Care Supervisor Wendy Hilbert, 703-793-0026 x118 if you have any questions or concerns related to your child’s visit or our child care ministry.
Sunday Worship Services hours are 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- During 9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. worship services, child care is offered for children ages three months-two years. Children preschool-grade 5 should attend our Kid Nation Sunday Morning program.
- During 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. worship services, child care is provided for children ages three months-grade 5.
- No registration is required.
Special Worship Services
- Hours vary depending upon worship service time.
- Child care is offered for children ages three months-grade 5.
- No registration is required.
Sunday – Saturday for Ministry Programs and Events (non-worship services or special services)
- Hours vary depending upon program and events schedules and subject to change based on need.
- Registration required.
- Child care is offered for children ages 3 months-grade 5
Child care is located on the second floor. We offer two different areas to provide age-appropriate care and support. Look for signs and information on where to enter each area.
- Nursery – Provides attentive care for infants and toddlers.
- Kids Crossing – Provides care for older children with games, toys and activities that preschool and elementary children enjoy. Activities are planned according to the age level of children that we are expecting to visit us.
At the time of check-in, a child care leader will greet you. We have an electronic check-in system that supports the security already in place for the safety of our children. You will simply provide your last name and verify your family’s information to check-in. All children must be checked in our computer system by a parent or guardian. Nametags are printed for children to wear and a pick-up tag (with a unique code) is printed.
After you have completed the check-in process, simply wave good-bye as your child enters the Nursery or Kids Crossing area. For safety reasons, we cannot allow anyone into the child care areas other than the children and trained staff.
Parents/guardians must present the pick-up tag to pick up your children (we recommend you wear it to avoid losing it). Children will only be released to an adult that presents the pick-up tag with a matching code to the child’s nametag. Replacement pick-up tags are available only upon verification that an adult is authorized to pick up a child.
At check-in, parents will be asked to provide a cell phone number to allow our child care workers to contact you while your child is in our care. If your child cries, we will immediately soothe your child. If your child cries for an extended period of ten minutes, we will text the word “Nursery” and a short message to your cell phone. Please keep your cell phone with you to ensure we can reach you if needed.
If your preschool or elementary age child needs you while in our care, we will come to get you out of the program or activity you are attending. During worship services, we will notify an usher who will pass your name to the pastor and an announcement will be made.
We welcome children of all abilities! To learn more about accommodations for children and students, visit Access Ministries.
Please label all personal items with your child’s first and last name before arrival.
- Two disposable diapers.
- Pacifier or other item your child needs for comfort.
- A complete change of clothes.
- A bottle of milk, formula, juice or water. This is a good practice even for mothers who nurse.
For the health and safety of all children, we have a peanut-free child care environment and limit snacks to those provided by our ministry. Toddlers will be served a snack of Cheerios and water during Sunday worship services. If other special food items will be served, you will be notified prior to the event. We will also let you know if you need to pack your child a meal or snack (peanut-free please). Please remember to inform us if your child has an allergy. For infants, please bring a bottle for your baby for each visit.
We operate a well-child program. For the protection of all the children in our ministry, we cannot accept a child with a runny nose, fresh cold (four days or less), fever, rash, persistent cough, diarrhea or any other signs of illness. We request that you not place your child in the program while they are at risk of exposing other children. Children with a clear runny nose due to allergies may be placed in our care. However, please let the child care worker know when checking in your child if he/she has allergies. Thank you in advance for helping us keep our program a healthy place!