Music is the most beautiful language in which to praise and worship God. Join our Traditional Music Ministry and we’ll make joyful noise together.
For more information, contact Yoon Nam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Floris UMC has a variety of groups for those who play instruments or for those who want to learn. We always welcome new members!
To learn more about any of our orchestras or to join, contact Yoon Nam at email@example.com
- Floris Strings: A group of strings players of all ages who facilitate worship once a month and for special events. Players need at least two years of public school instruction or private lessons to join; no audition required.
- Floris Symphonic Orchestra: A group of adult and student instrumentalists with an intermediate to advanced level of musical ability. Our Symphonic Orchestra accompanies large combined choirs for holidays, concerts and other selected services throughout the year. This group only meets for Cantata and other event dress rehearsals; it does not have regular rehearsals.
- Floris Wind Ensemble: A group of student and adult players with more than two years experience that plays once a month at our 11 a.m. service. No audition required.
All of our handbell groups participate in Sunday worship and may attend off-site festival events as able. To learn more about any of our handbell groups or to join, contact Laura Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hosanna Ringers: Hosanna Ringers welcome children (grade 3) through adults who are just beginning to ring. Hosanna Ringers participate in worship services every four-six weeks at the 9 and 11 a.m. services. No musical experience is required. Rehearsals are on Sundays from 4:30-5:15 p.m. Come join the fun!
- Alleluia Ringers: Alleluia Ringers welcome children (grade 6) through adults who are at an intermediate level of ringing. Alleluia Ringers participate in worship services once a month at the 9 and 11 a.m. services. Some music reading experience is helpful. Rehearsals are on Sundays from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Laudate Ringers: Our advanced handbell group is made up of adults with experience ringing. They participate in worship once a month and on special occasions. Laudate Ringers travel to an out-of-town festival each spring and a local festival each fall. Musical experience is necessary for this group. Rehearsals are on Tuesday from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Little Praisers/Chimers: This group is for kids in grades K-2. They sing and learn to play handchimes – a lighter version of adult handbells. They rehearse on Sundays from 10-10:30 a.m. This group performs monthly, alternating between the 9 and 11 a.m. services. Sign Up Now >
- Hallelujah Choir: This lively group of children in grades 3-6 explore many different styles of music in their weekly meetings. They rehearse on Sundays from 10-10:30 a.m. They sing with other musical groups during the year. No experience is needed. Sign Up Now >
- Call 2 Harmony: Comprised of high school students and adult men, they sing monthly during our 9 and 11 a.m. services. Their music ranges from gospel to hymns to praise music. Audition required.
- Cantata Choir: If you can’t dedicate your time for the whole year, this might be the group for you. Made up of adults and students (grade 7 and older), they sing during holiday services. This choir rehearses from October through the Christmas Cantata. Or, they rehearse from February through Easter Sunday.
- Chamber Choir: These advanced adult singers perform more difficult pieces, ranging from renaissance motets to modern choral music. They sing monthly at selected services. Audition required.
- Sanctuary Choir: Our largest choir includes adults and students (grades 9-12). They sing weekly at our 11 a.m. service and at special events during the year. All abilities are welcome; no audition required.